Mark Z Filter
Mobile Application Developer. UX Enthusiast. INTJ. Futurist at Heart.
Personal Mission Statement & Values
I live to do what is Authentic, Impactful, Loving, Meaningful, And Valuable. I build mobile apps, because it is something I understand and do well. It is easy for me to get into a flow and I really enjoy having a positive impact in companies! I love the fact that I can use my creative side while also the analytical side to produce mobile apps that benefit others.
Mobile apps have power to influence decisions, give context to our daily lives, and even alter our experience in a positive and meaningful way. I saw it in managing my daughter’s medical condition and I see it in the apps I create.
- 2018 – now | Mobile Backend Developer at Belk
- 2018 – now | Freelance Mobile App Developer (various companies)
- 2018 – 2018 | iOS Developer (TEKSystems) at Bank of America**
- 2018-2018 | Lead Mobile App Developer (Family Dollar) – 5 months*
- 2016-2018 | Full-time Student (Full Sail University)
- 2014-2016 | Freelance WordPress Developer
- 2001-2014 | United States Navy, Cryptologic Technician Interpretive
(*) Dollar Tree, the parent company of Family Dollar announced the decision to relocate Family Dollar to Chesapeake, VA. I was given an offer to relocate, but I decided it was in my best interests to accept an offer with TEKSystems.
(**) I was a contract developer at Bank of America. Let’s just say that after 5 weeks, it was very clear that the culture and I didn’t mix well. I spent two days completing work that my supervisor expected would take me two weeks. The workspace was filled with people looking busy, but not doing actual work. The source code was a complete mess. Let’s just say, there was no way I would be able to be proud of the work that I would be doing at Bank of America, so I had an opportunity to find a full-time position at Belk with more impactful opportunities, so I took it!