I have a heart for leadership; the development of others in a way that helps them succeed in everything they do. I believe that technology is a primary medium through which a company today can positively affect the lives of millions with a single application. I have experience managing technical teams in time-demanding environments (military).
My work ethic has been crafted from 13 years of military service. I am the type of person who needs low to no supervision. If I say I will get something done - I will. I am the one guy in the office who is continually learning something new when the work is light. I have a growth mindset. I do not believe in stagnation. If I leave work at the end of the day feeling like I haven't accomplished something of value for the company, then I have failed for that day. I look for ways to improve how things are done and never bring a problem to the table without a few potential solutions.
I have experience working in the financial and retail sectors on both customer-facing and enterprise-facing applications. I am one of few mobile application developers who is proficient in both iOS and Android platforms. I also can easily adapt to different work environments - from small companies of less than 10 (freelancing) to large organizations over 10,000 (National Security Agency, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, U.S. State Department).
If I sound like the type of person you'd like to have on your team, then find let's connect on LinkedIn at https://linkedin.com/in/mrfilter.
- LinkedIn Profile: https://linkedin.com/in/mrfilter
- GitHub Profile: https://github.com/markfilter.
- StackOverflow Profile: https://stackoverflow.com/users/7498266/mrfilter.
- Treehouse Profile: https://teamtreehouse.com/markzfilter.
- 2018 – now | Principle Android Developer at Belk, Inc. (Google Play Store)
- 2018 – 2018 | iOS Developer (TEKSystems) at Bank of America (iOS App Store)
- 2018-2018 | Lead Mobile App Developer (Family Dollar) - Enterprise-facing applications
- 2016-2018 | Full-time Student (Full Sail University)
- 2014-2016 | Freelance WordPress Developer
- 2001-2014 | United States Navy, Cryptologic Technician Interpretive (National Security Agency, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, U.S. Department of State, Defense Intelligence Agency)
Portfolio of Works from Full Sail University
Bachelor of Science in Mobile Development
I earned top honors and completed an intensive immersive bachelor's level degree program at Full Sail University (Campus). I routinely spent well over 40-60 hours each week building out 2-5 small mobile applications on both iOS and Android devices, all in an Agile environment. I was exposed to database development using MySQL, as well as integrating SQLite into iOS and Android applications. I routinely integrated RESTful Web APIs into both platforms and specialized in integrating the Firebase BaaS framework into both application platforms.
Awards: Valedictorian, Summa Cum Laude, Perfect Attendance, Course Director Awards (11)
Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies
I studied Math & Physics, Computer Science, & Behavioral Science at New York Institute of Technology, which was when I was exposed to C++ for the first time. I also delved into the internal world of a microprocessor, learned about the organization of a computer, how high-level programming languages are compiled into machine language and are executed in the CPU. I also studied societal problems and criminology for my behavioral science courses, which gave me opportunities to write research papers on findings from statistical analyses. To top off the degree, I also completed two Technical Math courses and several Physics courses that primarily touched on Physics for Telecommunications.
Awards: Summa Cum Laude